New Barnett House
School of Archaeology, New Barnett House, 28 Little Clarendon Street, Oxford OX1 2HU
Click on the map for scalable maps to suit your needs
The School of Archaeology occupies the first floor of New Barnett House in Little Clarendon Street, a little way north of the Institute of Archaeology.
Mail sent to members of the School based at New Barnett House should always include "School of Archaeology" or the recpient's primary affiliated department in the address.
Getting to New Barnett House
Getting to Oxford is not difficult - once you reach Oxford there are several important things to realise -
- The City centre has traffic restriction which mean that it is best avoided unless you are familiar with it
- New Barnett House has NO PARKING.
- Using the "Park and Ride" from the ring-road is the best option unless you have equipment/objects which you can not carry.
- The nearest public car park is the Worcester Street Car Park
- Make yourself aware of the location of City Centre car parks in advance
New Barnett House is a short walk away from the station.
By coach from London
The most convenient stop is the Gloucester Green terminus.
Park and Ride
The most covenient Park & Ride route is from the Pear Tree park and ride, north of the city, to the Old Radcliffe Infirmary stop.
You may also consider the possiblilty of Park and Cycle-Ride – parking at Park and Ride is now free.