The School of Archaeology welcomes enquiries from scholars wishing to come to the School of Archaeology; to give lectures, or participate in seminars, workshops or conferences; or to undertake collaborative work with the researchers on School premises on a temporary basis. Please note STUDENT VISITORS should refer to the following webpage: https://www.ox.ac.uk/students/visa/before/visitors
Visitors attending the School for a single meeting should be accompanied by their host and need only sign in and out of the relevant School building on the day of their visit.
All Visitors planning to remain longer than a single day must have prior approval to do so, and must complete a Visitor Application Form. All visitors should have their application supported by a permanent member of School staff, have the right to and cover the costs of their own visit, including any relevant administrative or bench fees associated with their visit (a list of fees can be found on the tab below). Visitors are welcome to apply for access to the libraries and this should be made directly at any library using the application form.
Any visitors who are from outside the European Economic Area will be required to gain entry to the UK under an immigration category appropriate for the agreed activity. Please contact email@example.com as soon as possible if you think this might be relevant to you. We can provide visitors with a formal letter of invitation to facilitate UK visa/ visitor entry application. More information can be found on our Staff Immigration Team pages and specifically in their UK visa requirements for overseas visitors
- Visitors should complete the Visitor Application form which also requires a statement of support and signature of the nominating member of School permanent staff.
- These forms need to be completed and approval obtained from the Head of Department at least one month BEFORE any visitor or volunteer is invited to the School.
- Any requests to depart from the normal administrative/bench fee will need approved by School Board at its meeting in the first week of each term.
- Visitors require access to the libraries during their visit must complete a Bodleian Libraries Admissions form, including the Statement of Research Need, and bring this to the Bodleian Libraries' Admissions Office, in person, along with one form of personal identification and one form of proof of address.
- All visitors will be given a department access card for normal working hours in the buildings as necessary for their visit.
- Before being allowed to begin their visit, all visitors need to arrange to meet with the Visitor/HR team and be ready to provide:
- Evidence of identity
- A signed visitor agreement (current versions can be found on these pages)
All applicants will be required to pay an initial set up fee plus the appropriate monthly fee. In addition, users of laboratory faciliities either at Dyson Perrins or Beaumont St sites will be required to contribute further lab bench fees. Payments should be are made as a miscellaneous payment via the University's online store and visitors are asked to cite the following reference: EB0000-43960 as well as indicating their name and the School of Archaeology.
Initial set up fee: £100
Non-student, non-lab - £75 per month
Student, non-lab - £40 per month
Lab bench fee (all) - £500 per month